Sunday, May 3, 2015

And now for something completely different...

I'm declaring GSIV F2P a complete failure.

It is just not feasible to actually play the game with the constraints on the account. I realize that it is meant to be an "introduction", but don't tout it as free to play when it is really just... well, I'm not even sure WHAT it is, but it sure as hell isn't free to play.

Aardwolf is free to play.

Iron Realms Entertainment is free to play.

This... psuedo-micro-transaction system where you aren't even a third-class citizen, more like a crash test dummy or something, is not free to play. On the surface yes, you don't have to pay to "play", but if I told you to go play soccer with a deflated ball and half a net in the middle of a dump, would you *really* consider it "playing soccer"? I didn't think so.

So instead, I'm going to set out on a different path. DragonRealms.

But wait, isn't this the same thing!? Not exactly.

Their F2P version is a bit better, you're more like a second class citizen instead of a dump-dweller. But I'm going full-monty. I subscribed. Because I wanted to be a trader.

Well, more specifically I used a random-character generator type thing to determine personality, etc., and a Trader is what fit best. So that's what I'm going to be!

So far, so good. I remember very basic things like "Go to Arthe Dale to train Athletics!" and "Sell firewood to Mags!". But, we'll use this blog to detail this return-to-newbiehood in DragonRealms and see how hard I crash and burn.

-GG

No comments:

Post a Comment