Sunday, May 24, 2015

Guildfest, RPA's, and Detainees, oh my!

Well!

It's been quite awhile since my last post. I do apologize. In my non-text based life, there were these pesky finals so I didn't have a LOT of time to make any posts.

Guildfest 416 is upon us! At its beginning, I had managed to save up a whopping 28 platinum Lirums. Which is next to nothing. I'm now scrambling to try and make four or five times that to get a few decent items to either keep or hold onto to sell later for a profit, or maybe both. 28 plat was enough to move out of the 'newbie clothing' and into something more... sophisticated. And by sophisticated, I mean a dusky purple travelling cloak with a whimsical liripipe hood. Because that is how I roll. I also nabbed a nice non-magic item-hiding tunic to match (well, white with an amethyst sash!) and a few other niceties, like a ledger case, contract case, a nice ledger, a wrist-worn skinning knife, aaaand a tinker's apron.

But before all of this, I convinced myself to go on the Quelling the Riot adventure, which was a ton of fun. I got to shoot detainees for an hour, smashed a few pots, gathered lots of Grey Raven commissary script, and nabbed myself a moneybelt that holds 150 coins! Just what a budding merchant needs, especially heading off to a festival with thieves lurking behind every corner, table, counter, curtain, suit of armor, and tent. They're literally everywhere. I can't wait to go on another adventure, perhaps the Riot: Aftermath, or even Quelling the Riot again! We'll have to see how the summer goes.

At Guildfest so far, I've only seen one GM-controlled person, Vatari, who plays silly games and gives out badass prizes. I did not win, unfortunately. I did, however, manage to get my first ever RPA! 5 points to Griffyndor! Er, I mean me!

In other news, I can now successfully complete hard carving work orders, which gives me a boost to my money making potential. Just in time since I need to make some serious cash make even more cash. More to come!

-GG

No comments:

Post a Comment